Planning vacations can sometimes seem like a second job. Where should I go? When should I visit? What do I do once I get there? Enter in the stress that comes with finding a place to stay and suddenly the thought of a staycation seems incredibly appealing.
Before you hang up your swimsuit and bow your head in defeat, take a moment to read the Five Reasons You Should Vacation at Smith Mountain Lake. And if you’ve never heard of this hidden mountain retreat, then prepare to fall in love with Virginia’s best kept secret:
- The Views Are Breathtaking. Smith Mountain Lake is nestled within the Blue Ridge Mountains, creating a stunning backdrop for early morning sunrises and romantic summer sunsets. In fact, the Smith Mountain Lake setting is ideal for those seeking a truly relaxing retreat. Crisp, clear skies set the stage for stars to shine their brightest, while the lake’s calm waters serve as the ultimate reflecting pool.
- It’s Super Friendly. The Smith Mountain Lake community is hands down one of the friendliest places you’ll ever visit, and residents take every opportunity to show it off. And even though the lake encompasses 500 miles of shoreline, it feels like one giant family. Don’t hesitate to ask a local where to find the best steaks on the lake, the best fishing spot, or family-friendly activities for the little ones. Not only will you get the best recommendations, but you’ll also make a friend for life. It should also be noted that the community as a whole is extremely laid back. You won’t find bumper-to-bumper traffic, massive crowds, or three-piece suits. Instead you’ll find flip-flops, thank-you waves, and a lot of dogs enjoying the breeze from the passenger’s side.
- It’s Affordable. It’s hard to fully relax during your vacation when you’re constantly visualizing your upcoming credit card statement. However, Smith Mountain Lake vacationers soon realize that booking a stay at the lake is downright affordable. In fact, the low cost of living is one reason why many tourists purchase summer homes in the Smith Mountain Lake area after their first visit. Check out www.VacationRentalsSmithMountainLake.com for a list of available properties. You can choose from a host of amenities, including pet friendly rentals, on-site beaches, and luxury homes.
- Everything is Close By. Smith Mountain Lake is only moments away from local airports, highways, and train stations, making travel to and from the area very easy. There are also a number of cities within a short driving distance, including Roanoke, Lynchburg, and Greensboro, North Carolina. These locations make great day trips for shopping and sightseeing.
- There’s Always Something to Do. Even though the Smith Mountain Lake area is largely hailed as a summer vacation destination, there’s always something going on around the area regardless of season. There are a number of festivals planned each year including Smith Mountain Lake’s signature event, the Smith Mountain Lake Wine Festival. This two-day event boasts a number of local Virginia wineries, as well as food and craft vendors. Other notable festivals include the Beer and BBQ Festival, the SML Fall Chili and Craft Festival, and the Franklin County Moonshine Festival. You can check out a full list of events at www.VisitSmithMountainLake.com. Smith Mountain Lake is also home a number of marinas, restaurants, golf courses, wineries, historical sites, and parks including the Smith Mountain Lake State Park. This popular attraction houses a public beach, playground, fishing piers, hiking and biking trails, picnic areas, and public boat docks.
Now that you’ve learned a little bit about Smith Mountain Lake, why not book a vacation and experience it for yourself? You can learn more about activities in and around the lake by visiting www.VacationRentalsSmithMountainLake.com. And while you’re there, check out available rental properties by searching the site’s inventory of lakefront homes, condos, cabins, and luxury rentals.
As a resident real estate agent for Smith Mountain Lake, Leslie Becker knows the area as only a local can. If you’re ready to enjoy the luxuries of a Smith Mountain Lake lifestyle, then contact the area’s most trusted REALTOR.