For an entertainment experience that’s unique to the Lynchburg area and some exciting live acts the whole family can enjoy, bring everyone out to the 3rd Annual GET!DOWNTOWN Street Festival on September 9 from 6:00-9:00 p.m.
The festival was created to welcome area college students to Lynchburg and to showcase the opportunities and amenities available downtown for students and their parents. It is conveniently located near Smith Mountain Lake, and the event is completely free and open to the general public. Main Street will be closed to traffic during the event, and the festival will include:
- Live musicians
- Dance performances
- Downtown stores and restaurants to browse
- Area vendors and crafters to shop from
- Face painting, caricature and balloon artists, stilt walking and dances for the kids
- Two stages with street musicians performing all along Main Street
- Downtown restaurants and food vendors
With more than 10,000 people in attendance in 2010, this year is sure to be even bigger and attract even more exciting performances and vendors. The festival provides a venue for downtown cultural organizations, merchants, restaurants and retailers to reach out to the community and showcase the very best of the Lynchburg area. Come out and get involved in the community,support local musicians, businesses and vendors, and just a have a great time!