Smith Mountain Lake Properties is the lake's premier boutique real estate agency, offering a complete and varied selection of waterfront and off-water homes and properties. Whether you are seeking a summer home on the lake, rental producing lakefront home, full time living, retirement destination, golf course villa, waterfront condo, or anything in between, the expert staff at Smith Mountain Lake Properties will work beside you through each step of the buying process.
There is no time like the present to make your dreams of investing in lake real estate a reality. Does your current area meet your lifestyle needs? Maybe your priorities have changed since you bought your last house. Do you need to do a 1031 exchange for a property or business you are selling? Speak with our team that offers CPA's, translators and more, let our knowledgeable team help you find that perfect piece of property or lakefront home.
Evaluate the housing market/interest rates It's all about balance. When interest rates are low, it makes upgrading to a larger home much more affordable. It also makes it much easier to find a buyer for your existing home.
Planning a vacation at the lake? Smith Mountain Lake is a vacation destination for all seasons. From a weekend getaway for two to a family reunion or corporate retreat, Smith Mountain Lake Properties has a vacation rental property to suit the needs of you and your group. So come, and experience all that the "Gem of the Blue Ridge" has to offer. You just might find yourself wishing to call Smith Mountain Lake "home."
Why Smith Mountain Lake?
- Designated " The Jewel of the Blue Ridge Mountains", with over 500 miles of shoreline and spanning 222,000 acres.
- Surrounded by nature, centrally located between Roanoke and Lynchburg, serving Bedford, Franklin and Pittsylvania County
- A temperate climate and year-round activities at the lake and surrounding areas..
- Endless opportunities with signature golf courses, sailing regattas, fishing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, tennis, and many more recreational activities.
- Direct access from 3 surrounding airports to major cities in the US, including New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago, Tampa, Orlando, Philadelphia and more
- Bullet train to DC for work or pleasure
- Several major US colleges surrounding SML, which include but not limited to, University of Virginia, Virginia Tech, William and Mary, Hollins College, Sweetbriar College, Radford College, Roanoke College, Fallwell University, Washington and Lee University, Virginia Military Institute
- Historical and cultural activities and events at Smith Mountain Lake State Park, with arts, live theater as well as nearby Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest, The D-day Memorial, Booker T. Washington National Monument, The Taubman Museum of Art, The Crooked Road Heritage Trail, and much more!
- Convenience of shopping, antiquing, groceries, arts and healthcare facilities at the lake.
- A wide variety of real estate to meet nearly any budget or lifestyle: luxury waterfront homes and condos, golf course communities, water access homes, acreage in one of the lake's surrounding counties, and more
Why use Leslie at Smith Mountain Lake?
A powerful element that Leslie offers is her relationships in the best markets around the US and globally. As an international agency, the world of investment real estate and high end luxury real estate is truly a global game. Leslie has the connections to get your property sold or to help you find your dream home, whether it is a waterfront home at Smith Mountain Lake, or a property, farm or home in Bedford, Franklin ,Roanoke,Lynchburg,Blacksburg, or anywhere in the world.
- Leslie is one of the top-producing agents at Smith Mountain Lake and the region..
- Leslie's contacts locally, nationally and internationally are very strong.
- Translations and interpreters are offered, as well as attorneys, CPA's .
- Not every agent has the experience to power through the often complex transactions that result from seven- and eight-figure real estate deals - Leslie does.
- Privacy and confidentiality are key elements of any deal that Leslie does.
- In nearly 15 years of selling real estate in the Smith Mountain Lake area, Leslie has worked with a wide variety of clients, ranging from top CEO's to very private individuals.
- Nobody knows luxury real estate in the Smith Mountain Lake and the surrounding areas as well as Leslie does, which is why she is the only Realtor with the distinguished Global Who's Who in Luxury at the lake, from 2010 - 2013.
- Leslie's proven performance speaks volumes as to how she will help you accomplish your real estate goals in investment real estate with her property management company, where her owners produce anywhere from 24,000 gross to over 100,000 gross per year. She is the leader in 1031 and vacation property purchases at Smith Mountain Lake.
- Also an architect for over 30 years, she can help see the potential of property as well as assist in the future with connections for any renovations or changes you may desire.